It is a fact that, apart form course curriculum, students also need to improve other skills for obtaining a secured career. Therefore, the following are the Student Development Programme being conducted by our Institutes.
- Separate modules of training on Attitude build-up, Soft-skills etc.
- Separate modules to enhance Logical ability, Mathematical skills etc.
- Subject-specific modules on Self-expression, Group Discussions, Interview techniques.
- Renowned personality/agencies, Training the students with pre and post review method.
- SDP training spread across Semesters.
- Seminars/Symposia on several technical subjects conducted by experts from industry.
Recently, we organized Alumni Meet at JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani. It was a grand success. A huge number of ex-students participated in this event coming from different parts of India. The event also marked the nostalgic recollection by the alumni members and the nostalgic photo shoot as well.
We have a huge number of alumni members. Most of the members are in constant touch with us and helping our current as well as graduate students for internship and placement at different reputed organizations.
- Health Care - Dedicated medical rooms have been set up in colleges under the supervision of professional doctors
- Hostels - There are separate hostels for boys and girls. These are located either adjacent to the colleges or near the college campuses. Arrangements for Shuttle bus service connecting some important locations are in place both for students and college staff, particularly in Kalyani and Sodepur. There are arrangements for supply of pure / filtered drinking water. Power backup, TV and Internet facilities are available round the clock. Facilities for indoor games are available in all the Hostels.
- Canteen / Cafeteria - Provide a variety of healthy food and drinks. Coffee / Tea / Soup Stalls are also available for refreshments. Clean kitchens are run by professional cooks
- Banking - There is a corporate tie up with Axis Bank Ltd.
- Postal Facilities - All the postal correspondence is mainly done through DTDC Courier Service.