Corporate Social Responsibility ( CSR )
CSR Practices at JIS Group sets a realistic agenda of sustainable development approaches for the company to manage their business processes to produce an overall positive impact on the society. Few major CSR initiatives taken by JIS Group are as follows:
- JIS Sumedha :This unique scholarship programme was launched to provide the meritorious yet economically underprivileged children the opportunity to study at any one of their colleges for free. The scheme offered full scholarship for full term course provided their family income is below Rs. 60,000 and the candidate has secured a rank below 500 in WBJEE and 5000 in AIEEE.
- Disha:which is a JIS Group Corporate Social Responsibility has launched “WHAT NEXT?” which is an informative college directory, with course and contact details of all the colleges across Eastern India. This will act as a ready reckoner for students in order to find suitable course and institute options in Eastern India after Class- XII.
- Free Dental Check Up: This facility is offered by our Guru Nanak College of Dental Sciences and Research especially to school and college students and also at various social awareness camps. The Doctors at our Dental Hospital render treatment for critical dental ailments at a subsidized fee.
- Green-Is-In: An initiative towards a clean, green and safe environment is a drive that all the institutions under JIS Group Educational Initiatives actively partake- We encourage our students to come forward for propagating the cause of conservation and restoration of nature. Through myriad campaigns and programmes, the students try creating a long-term awareness for building a healthy environment in the campus. Our objective is to recreate a green campus by the end of 2015.
- Blood Donation Camps and other welfare activities under National Service Scheme are undertaken by the Colleges under JIS Group Educational Initiatives as social service for the students, both as a measure of educational reform and as a means to improve the quality of educated manpower.